Best-selling author, keynote speaker
Click here to read about Maria’s books

Feedback from fans

If you’d like to post a comment about any of Maria’s books,┬áplease do so below. If you’d like to help spread the word, please click here to visit her fan page.

Thanks!

60 Responses to “Feedback from fans”

• Tatertot says:

Hey ladies, read this book and pass it on to your friends. It’s a nice sweet treat full of laughs and good friendships.

• "OLD" says:

I may be “OLD” but the book made me laugh out loud and feel young again! What a really great read! i loved it!!!!

• Cherise says:

Perfect On Paper is the ‘perfect’ story… Filled with great friends and guaranteed to make you laugh out. What more could you ask for? Definitely a book you want to pass on to all your pals…

This is a book I will reread whenever I need a laugh! I loved it.

• Katy Kerns says:

What a fun read! Witty and eventful, this book is entertaining and just has that page-turner quality about it that makes you look forward to the next time you can just relax and indulge in Waverly’s next adventure. Don’t pass this one up!

• Lynn Wernet says:

Perfect on Paper is the ultimate beach book. Or the curled up in front of the fire book, now that fall is here. I, too, am much older than Waverly Bryson but identified completely with her mis-adventures / dating stories and truly laughed out loud. A must read.

• This book was such a great read! I laughed out loud so many times and I could completely relate to so many of Waverly’s adventures. I also loved the message at the end of the book. In fact, I think I’d like to re-read it right now!

• Aasanda says:

I love this book! Not only it made me laugh, I could totally relate to what Waverly went through. I strongly recommend this to anyone who needs a good book to read on an relaxing evening!

• Jessica H. says:

I loved this book! It was a perfect summer beach read, but it would also be great sitting in a cabin in front of the fire or as a tool to tune out the annoyances of public transit commuting – you’ll be totally engrossed as you root for Waverly.

• Julienne says:

Perfect on Paper is hilarious, and a perfect read for those times when you just want to relax and enjoy yourself with an enormous latte. It will keep you on your toes, keep you smiling, and give you something over which to bond with your sisters and girlfriends.

• Emily C. says:

I loved this book! Perfect for every age! It is soo funny!!!

• deena in Italy says:

I’m on my 4th reading of Perfect on Paper! I was so mad at myself for reading it in one day the first time around, but I couldn’t stop! I was cracking up most of the time I was reading and even when I took short breaks, I found myself chuckling while replaying the latest Waverly “scene” in my head. Can’t wait for Maria’s next book!!! :-D

• Annie F says:

I have given this book to at least 10 friends and family members…every single one of us loved it!

• Alex B. says:

What, am I the only “boy” who’s read this book? Anyway, I loved it. Tagging along with Waverly is just plain fun. Perfect on Paper is a must-read for any guy in San Francisco curious about all these beautiful women walking/running around.

• Max C. says:

As a single guy with my share of dating adventures, I can attest that Perfect on Paper is a great book for men as well. You’ll walk away with a better sense of self-awareness and at the very least, you’ll learn that sending multiple emails and voicemails a few hours after a first date is a big no-no. Finally, a book that can make you laugh about your own dating perils because you realize you aren’t the only one on earth with dating fiascos.

• Alea says:

I still can’t get over how much I loved this book! It literally was perfect on paper for me. Yes that’s cheesy but I can’t help myself. I’ll definitely be revisiting this book again and again!

Thanks for such a wonderful book Maria!

• Sheri says:

Max… you’re right! I totally laughed out loud at that part of the book! Maria, thanks for bringing us Waverly.

• Suzanne Trautwein says:

I laughed out loud while reading this book! I haven’t dated for many years but it brought back lots of memories:) I am passing it on to my 26 year old single daughter as she will love it!

• Kerri Snyder Preikschat says:

This book has a humor element that so many of us can relate to. It was as if I was reliving my days as a single lady and it made me laugh out loud. I am dying to find out where Waverly’s life will take her and am hoping a sequel will soon answer those questions for me.

This is a great read and although I have a 7 month old, I would spend each free moment I had reading it. I hated to put it down as I was needing to know what would come next.

Thank you for writing an entertaining story that was so relatable! Please don’t leave us hanging much longer- I am such a cheerleader for Wavelery and you can’t help but want to see her get her happy ending.

• Grace says:

I was ten minutes early to my college physics class last so I pulled this new book out of my backpack and started reading. Well, I ended up reading for the entire hour and a half lecture. Oops. But it was fantastic. I just could not put it down, and I couldn’t stop laughing and nodding my head. And when I finished it, I only wanted more!

this book is amazing, I would reccomend it to anyone, and I finished it yesterday and already someone else I know has a started reading it.

it’s fantastic. enough said

• Melanie says:

Loved this book!!!! Laugh out loud funny with a down to earth and easy to relate to main character!!!! A must read and share with your girlfriends kind of book!!! :)

• Elizabeth says:

Loved it! Can’t wait to read your next one.

• leslie says:

Aloha Maria,
    Thanks for the book its so sweet! Your right I cannot put it down! I will be sure to pass it on once I am finished and hope to carry it in the shop soon.
    Best Wishes and thanks for stoping by the store:)

• Wrighty says:

LOVED this book! I’m so glad to see that guys are enjoying it too! Although it will be a favorite for chick lit fans it really is for everyone. I enjoy the great characters and the humor the most and I’m so glad I’m not in the dating world. Happily married for 22 years. Maria, you are a riot! I’m ready for the sequel!

• Cari G says:

Perfect on Paper is just that. should be issued with the in-flight kits on every coast to coast flight! It saved me on a recent long flight and like many others had me laughing out loud. Maria’s voice is so authentic and the themes universal. With all the crap in bookstores today, this book stood out as I literally could not put it down. Am dying for a sequel so readers UNITE and get this book a publisher. Sweet Jesus! Thanks Maria for writing such a funny, poignant, relevant book….never stop writing!

• Cindy Fischler says:

I absolutely LOVED this book and am just sorry that there is no sequel (yet)! Once I read the first page, I literally could not put it down. I can relate to everything that Waverly says and at some points, even felt like the book was about me! This is an entertaining, easy read and I can not wait to read more about Waverly.

• Jessica O. says:

I loved this book! It was our February book for AMC Book Club and I was happy we chose it. I read it in two days because I wanted to know what her next adventure was. I loved the honey notes!!!

• Yesenia Aguilar says:

I just wanted to let you know how much I loved your book! After you came to speak at the Harvard-Radcliffe Women’s Leadership Conference I was so inspired by your story that I just had to buy a copy of Perfect on Paper. I’m so glad I did! I couldn’t put it down! It had me laughing (and cringing/nodding in agreement/sympathy at the embarrassing moments) the whole way through! (Did I mention how much I love your book?) I just wanted to congratulate you for all your hard work and perseverance and, of course, on getting a publisher! Good luck with everything!

• Abston says:

I absolutely LOVED this book and am just sorry that there is no sequel (yet)! Once I read the first page, I literally could not put it down. I can relate to everything that Waverly says and at some points, even felt like the book was about me! This is an entertaining, easy read and I can not wait to read more about Waverly….

• Shari Aser says:

LOVED the Book. Couldn’t put it down. Looking forward to reading her next adventure.

• alexandra kustow says:

Loved this book. Read it in two days. Sorry to see it end. More please!

• Maria M. says:

I REALLY enjoyed reading “Perfect on Paper” and meeting Waverly. There is a little bit of Waverly in all of us. Maria Murname hit a high note! As I told her at yoga class…felicidades.

• Maria!
    I’m one of the DGs that you met with last week in DC. I just finished your book (literally this minute) and I had to immediately write you and tell you how much I enjoyed it! It really is a fun and entertaining read and I wish you all the best. Those publishers that turned you down were crazy! They’re going to be kicking themselves!
    Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the DG event and great job with the book!

Cristina

• Maria Murnane says:

Hi Cristina, I don’t know why I didn’t see this until now- thanks so much for your nice comments! Have you read the sequels by now? ITB :)

• Lady says:

Hello gals! This book is one of the books that once you start it, you do not want to let go of it! It’s a great book to read if you want to get away for a while and cruise with Waverly Bryson’s fun adventures! i love this book! can’t wait for the next one! :D

• anjing bettina says:

A terrific read–made me laugh out loud! I couldn’t get enough of it–hated it to end! When’s the sequel? Waverly is adorable!

• A.M. says:

I loved this book! I read it in two days and laughed out loud repeatedly. I met Maria Murnane at an event for my graduate school, and I could picture her as the main character Waverly. Waverly and her friends have a lot of embarrassing stories about dating and single life that made them feel like real people. If you want a fun, hilarious and heartfelt story that’s focused on someone you could see as your friend, you’ll enjoy this. It’s especially good if you’ve going through a breakup or have recently been dumped.

• Russell Dyer says:

I just watched your author video on Amazon. Well done. Thanks for doing that. It gave me some ideas for doing mine.

Now I just have to find someone who will video tape me. Everyone I know would probably swing the camera back and forth rapidly, cut off my head, and loudly give me stage directions while I’m talking. I guess I could do it by myself with a tripod, but then I’m afraid my video would make me look like a terrorist calling for death to illiterate infidels.

Incidentally, excellent bookstore, Davis-Kidd. Probably my favorite–well, their Memphis location for sure. I’m sorry I won’t be there when you speak in Feb. I’m almost tempted to fly down there for it. My other favorite bookstore–I have many–is Lemuria Books in Jackson, Miss. If you’re trying to work the mid-south, you might see if they will book you. Actually, they’re pretty easy about it. They have a great setup and promote authors well there. So, you’ll get a good turn out. Plus, if you arrive early you can spend an hour or so getting lost in their bookstore. Good luck.

• Laura says:

I loved your book,received it as a gift for Christmas,read it in about 3 days.Hope you have another book soon!

• gena says:

I loved this book!

Front: Why can’t I find any books that are good?

Inside: Honey, all you have to do is pick up “Perfect on Paper” by Maria Murnane and you’ll be set.

• Terri says:

I just got done reading your book! I loved it!!! It made me smile, laugh and cry, I didn’t want it to end.
    I have never wrote to an author before, but had to let you know how much I enjoyed every page…

Thank you and I can not wait for more adventures of Waverly…….

• Kristi says:

Just finished reading the book. I LOVED it. Laughed my butt off. I am SO looking forward to the next one! Thanks for making me laugh…you are such a talented writer!

• Waverly Sequel says:

Loved it!!! It was such a great story of dating fiascos and witty pick-me ups. As a single young professional, myself, it definitely hit the spot. I will surely recommend this book to other single ladies!

• Jennifer says:

“Perfect on Paper is bringing back the Chick-Lit. Maria is such an inspiration to self-published authors. Check out my new article about her on Examiner.com

• Cherise-KY says:

I loved It’s a Waverly Life!!! Trying to decide do I download Honey on Your Mind or wait to buy it so I can hold it. You are a terrific author, can’t wait for the next installment!

• Marie, I love this idea of a “BUZZ” section on your website. I’m busy following your idea and creating one for my website too. Thank you! I also love the sound of your books and will be looking for them here in South Africa.

• Shana says:

If you’re looking for three fanatastic girlfriends to get caught up & run around with then these books are for you! If you’ve given ‘up’ on love, these books are for you! If you are into your career these books are for you! If you’ve ever questioned anything & everything these books are for you! If you’ve ever tried to run away from someone or something these books are for you! If you’ve ever had a dream that you didn’t know if you were more scared to believe in or scared to fail these books are for you! If you love a feel good, LoL, heart warming, yelling out “NOOOO…” in your living room book THESE BOOKS ARE FOR YOU! If you need a great Author, Maria Murnane is FOR YOU!

• Naomi says:

Could not put them down, great reads

• Jill says:

Love these books! Waverly has become a favorite. Keep the stories coming Maria! I can’t wait for the next adventure.

• I just completed honey on your mind and I loved it. What a great read and a reminder to me of what it means to be young and talented and offering also a positive take on the trials associated with being in the limelight etc.
    I am 70 yrs. old and I promise to go forth with a more patient, positive understanding of the trials of my daughter-in-law and my daughter and their significant others. And I promise to chuckle more at my own jokes and of those around me.

• Maureen says:

The Waverly serious was so much Fun. I laughed so much. I can’t wait to read the rest of Maria’s books. Keep them coming.

• Lonnie says:

I love your books! I starting with Wait for the Rain and went on to Casidy Lane. I am ready the Waverly series. Your description of the places where Wavely live in the Fillmore Street area is right on as I used to work at the California Pacific Medical Center nearby. Your books make me laugh out loud especially the Waverly misadventures. Your books make me happy and that is saying a lot. I don’t usually write to authors but I wanted you to know much I enjoy them. I am looking forward to your next book. I would love to read sequels to Wait for Rain and Cassidy Lane. Are you planning any?
    Please keep them coming!

• Nancy says:

Just finished Cassidy Lane…..really enjoyed it…..please tell me there is a sequel coming….and soon! Also just finished Wait for the Rain and really loved it!

• Yasminda says:

I’ve read all of Maria Murnane’s books and what I truly enjoy about each one is how relatable and real her characters are! You want to have a glass of wine or cup of coffee and chat with each of them. You feel like they are you new friends and it makes you want to know what happens next to them. Wait for the Rain is another gem of Murnane’s that has great characters and fun story but with depth and inspiration. I highly recommend reading this book and the. Going back to the book store or Kindle and picking up the rest of her books. You won’t be disappointed

We won't share your information- ever!